RCA TECHNICAL SYMPOSIUM AND ANNUAL BANQUET A HUGE SUCCESS!
Visit the Banquet page for more information.
Start planning now to attend our 2017 Technical Symposium and Annual Awards Banquet in Pittsburgh! Both will take place on Friday November 17, 2017, at the William Penn Hotel.
Unique for this event, we are planning an extensive tour of radio station KDKA, the first commercial radio station in the U.S.! The tour will be open to RCA Members only, and will commence on Saturday November 18th.
Introducing Radio Club of America
Founded in 1909, the Radio Club of America is the oldest, most prestigious group of wireless communications professionals in the world, with members across the globe. Its members are dedicated to the wireless art and science for the betterment of society. The Radio Club of America is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all contributions made to RCA are tax exempt.
Creating the Future
The future of wireless belongs to our youth, many of whom are unaware of the importance of the wireless industry, or of the wonderful career opportunities it presents. We have two major programs:
- Youth Activities, focused on middle and high school students
- Annually, one or two of the best of our youth present at our Annual Technical Symposium. We have had presentations from our youth on fractal antennas, pole climbing robots, high altitude ballooning, and other innovations
- Scholarship program, focused on college/university students. We support approximately a dozen universities whose students are studying engineering, broadcast, communications, and similar majors
We believe that our focus on youth ensures the future of the wireless industry, and sets the Radio Club of America apart from most of the other professional wireless organizations. Join with us in creating the future!
Ensuring the Present
The Radio Club of America is also focused on helping wireless professionals of all ages to advance their careers. We accomplish this in several ways:
- Our Annual Technical Symposium features some of the best minds in wireless, presenting innovative and unique solutions in wireless. Where else will you find the likes of Professor Frank Drake of SETI fame, or such “Wireless Wow” presentations on ‘Invisibility Cloaks,’ spectrum arbitrage, virtual sensors, using RF to disable IEDs, or 3D printed antennas?
- At our Annual Meeting you will get a chance to meet keynote speakers like Bob Heil (audio engineer), Walter Cronkite (broadcaster), Marty Cooper (inventor of the cell phone), Dr. Ted Rappaport (professor and author of many radio wireless textbooks), David Sumner (president of the American Radio Relay League), and network with industry pioneers like Andy Seybold (wireless pundit), and Ray Trott P.E. (CEO of communications engineering firm)
- At our breakfasts at industry trade shows, and other events, you will get a chance to hear from industry notables such as Dave Weisz (Motorola) and Brian Fontes (CEO of National Emergency Number Assoc.)
Included among our many members are those working in the various segments of the wireless industry, including: Antennas, Broadband, Broadcast, Cellular, Ham Radio, Infrastructure, Manufacturers, Military Communications, Parts Vendors, Public Safety / Land Mobile Radio, and Satellite.
Honoring the Past
The over 100-year history of the Radio Club is the history of wireless communication. The Club keeps alive the memory and lessons of past inventors and innovators, honoring those that contributed so much to the advancement of the wireless art. Included among our previous members were such notables as Armstrong (inventor of FM and the superhetrodyne receiver), Beverage (antennas), Link (land mobile radio), Poppele (founder of Television Broadcasters Assoc., started the WOR NY radio station, director for Voice of America), and dozens of others. Share the legacy that they left us, and help create new legacies for the future!
2016 Awards Banquet Sponsors
Help support the Future of RCA
Your tax deductible donation to RCA would be greatly appreciated. We can accept your donations via Check, Money Order, PayPal or Credit Card. Click the button below for details: